Continuing with the list of online diamond jewelers that provide the full service:
Diamonds + Settings
Blue Nile is among the pioneers of online diamond retail. Offering a large selection of diamonds to online shoppers was something that was very novel when Blue Nile started out. Blue Nile now offers up to 200,000 diamonds to choose from at any given time.
The convenience of being able to compare that many diamonds side by side is a definite advantage, especially since you are able to immediately have the diamond set in a ring of your design.
- Massive selection of 200,000+ diamonds to choose from
- Speedy delivery
- Free International Shipping
- World class customer service
- 30 day returns
- High resolution 360° images
- Lots of bargains if you know where to look.
- Not the best option if you don’t know anything about diamonds as BlueNile lists a broad range of diamond qualities.
Special Mention: Astor by Blue Nile™
Blue Nile now has many Blue Nile branded diamonds that they sell exclusively and are not available elsewhere. This includes the Astor signature diamond.
Victor Canera only has ideal cut diamonds so you really can’t go wrong. All the diamonds available from Victor Canera are among the world’s top performing diamonds. All you have to worry about is choosing the size and cut shape you want. Victor Canera has several signature cuts including the Canera Ideal Hearts H&A, the Canera Antique Cushion, and the Canera European Round. The settings are all hand forged in the Victor Canera studio, which is a superior method to making rings to the usual wax cast.
- Super Ideal Cut Diamonds
- Hand Forged Casting Free settings
- Vintage Style Cut Diamonds Available
- High Quality Craftsmanship
- More options for complete customization
- International Free Shipping on all stocked items
- One Year Buy Back on CIH, CER and CAC
Making hand forged rings requires special equipment and special skills to produce. You’ll have to budget a decent amount for this as prices for Victor Canera settings start at just under US$2000. These settings are heirloom quality and turn out a whole lot nicer and have a much nicer feel than the wax cast settings you’ll find just about everywhere else.
Special Mention: Canera European Round
The signature cut Canera European Round is worth taking a look at. It is a high performance Old European Cut (OEC) round diamond. The CER’s uniqueness can be attributed to its wide facets that reflect broader flashes of light compared to modern round brilliant diamonds.